Laser Genesis and Microdermabrasion for Acne Scars Failed

I've had 7 Microdermabrasion treatments with Laser Genesis over a series of months recently, and my skin still is sunken in from cystic acne scars.I have done a plethora of other treatments through the years as well to no avail. My skin looks the same as it always did after years of all these treatments. Is there any hope left?

Treatment of sunken in skin and acne scars

+2

Without looking at your skin, I am not sure that I can give you the correct advice, but I'll try.

You state that your skin is sunken in as a result of cystic acne.

If large areas (1 cm or more) are sunken in, you may need a subcision, to separate the adhesions between the skin and the subcutaneous fat.

Following this, if you have deep boxcar scars (1-4 mm), they can be elevated by using a biopsy punch and then sutured at a higher level (Punch elevation).

For ice pick scars, Chemical Reduction Of Scars (CROS) is very effective

You may need one or more of the above procedures before getting a Laser Resurfacing. Most patients prefer a series of 2 to 5 treatments with the new, Fractionated CO2 lasers (Minimal downtime -2-3 days- due to mild scabbing that can be covered with makeup) to the traditional CO2 Laser Resurfacing (7-9 days downtime, no makeup allowed. In addition to greatly improving the scars, the Fractionated (but not the traditional) Laser resurfacing may help you also with the enlarged pores.

Chicago Dermatologist

Laser Genesis

+1

Acne scars need a bigger gun than that.  You need Fractional.  Pearl Fractional, CO2 fractional, and eMatrix are all good and depend on your skin color for settings.

Danville Plastic Surgeon