Best Laser for Treating Broken Capalaries and Veins on Face?

I have broken redish (very small) capalaries or veins around my cheeks and nostrils. What is the best laser for treating this?

Telangiectasias of the face with KTP and Long Pulse Lasers - Buffalo Niagara NY

Telangiectasias of the face can be effectively treated with KTP and Long Pulse Lasers.

We have several types of devices that utilize KTP energy and Nd YAG lasers that we utilize to treat telangiectasias of the face in our Williamsville, NY office. 

Best Laser for Treating Broken Capalaries and Veins on Face

Thank you for your question. The pulse dye laser is the gold standard treatment. I am a big fan of the vBeam Perfecta for the veins.  I also like the 532 nm laser, but it is more pigment sensitive.  For darker skin, I like the 1064  YAG, but it is not as good with red veins.  IPL has proven effective, but to a lesser degree.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in laser procedures for the most effective and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Laser or IPL for treating facial veins

A pulsed dye laser such as the V beam or intense pulsed light can effectively treat small veins on the cheeks and nose.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Facial vein removal with laser - broken capillaries

The pulsed dye laser is by far outstanding for facial veins and broken capillaries as it can be adjusted for both facial redness and thread veins on the face. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

What Laser for Veins on the Nose?

Hello.  You have several options for treating lasers on the nose and face.  The KTP and long pulsed Nd:Yg lasers are best for these type of veins.  We use the Sciton or Laserscope but there are quite a few that are good.  

To see examples of before and after photos for Los Angeles patients that we have removed facial spider veins for, click the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD