Laser Done for Sun Damage Left Uneven Skin Tone. Will the Rest of the Dark Spots Fade Away? (photo)

I had a laser treatment done 11 days ago on my face to remove dun damage. After treatment some spots darkened & days later started to crust & fall off as I was told they would. The problem is that now those very dark spots have fallen off, instead of an even skin stone, I was left with 'white' (my natural skin tone) spots on my face. They are the most visible on my forehead which had the most sun damage. Will the rest of the sun damage continue to fade away or is another treatment needed? Thank u

Time and additional treatments can help soften irregularities

+1

11 days is still fairly early as the skin will continue to heal over time. The mild pink hue to the skin will continue to soften, and in a month you will be ready to do your second treatment. I am guessing you had IPL from what you are describing after your initial treatment. Continue to use SPF, moisturize and stay away from excessive sun exposure to facilitate skin healing.

If you are still concerned, have your medical professional evaluate your skin so that they can reassess your treatment response.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser treatment for sun damage leaving uneven skin tone

+1

I think your skin will improve if you give it a bit more time to heal, although it does look like you'll need a few more treatments to even out your skin tone. Make sure you are going to a dermatology clinic where the laser experts are and to be diligent about sun protection.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser treatment for sun damage

+1

You require additional laser treatments to remove the remaining brown spots.  Make sure you use sun protection daily to prevent further pigmentation. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Laser treatments for brown spots

+1

From your photo it appears you had treatment to the brown area on your upper forehead with a laser beam that was circular. As the treatment areas did not overlap it results in a Swiss cheese appearance to the skin where there is treated skin surrounded by untreated skin. Another treatment will help to blend those margins and even the appearance out, but it may actually even take a third treatment.  If your skin tones are in the Mediterranean/hispanic/asian category, using a bleaching cream before and after can help to minimize this post treatment appearance.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello

+1

Your picture does not give us a very clear out look on what your results look like. In our practice we tell recommend our patients to use bleaching cream like Hydro Q to help even out the rest of your skin and help face away the rest of the sun damage.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS