If certain lasers 're-model' collagen, shouldn't they work for flat scars?

If certain lasers 're-model' collagen, shouldn't they work for flat scars (not necessarily color but texture)? I've seen many answers on RealSelf saying lasers are 'useless' for flat scars but isn't that contrary to the science behind skin resurfacing? Thank you.

Laser Treatments for Scars

+1
If you have a depressed scar a laser can improve the depression by stimulating collagen to improve the depression. If you have a thickened scar a laser can improve the scar by re-modeling the collagen to lay flatter so it is not as raised. I’m not sure what type of improvement you are looking for in regards to flat scar texture without a photo. It is best to consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what the best option for you may be.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon