Has Laser for Facial Thread Veins Scarred my Face? (photo)

4 weeks ago i had laser treatment for a tiny cluster of broken capillaries on my cheek. Very small but was a noticeable red splodge! They explained that the area would blister then scab so it would need healing time. The area blistered immediately, went down in a few days and began to scab over. I did not pick and 2 weeks later the scab shed on its own. However, i am so upset because although i can not see any veins, the area is red and very indented! Its like a big scar! Is this permanent?

Laser treatment

+1

You did not mention which type of laser treatment you had so it is hard to me to give you a totally accurate opinion. I would be patient for a few months and see if the scar goes away. You should contact the physician that did the treatment and let him or her know what happened.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.