What Laser Can Be Used for These Affected Areas of Skin?

My face, neck, lower arms, and lower legs look either heavily tanned, sun damaged, or hyperpigmentated due to too much sun exposure (spending alot hours in the sun with no sunscreen). These affected areas of the skin feel dry and at times feels plastic like. Naturally my skin tone is of light/olive skin tone, but these skin areas are heavily dark brown colored. This feels/looks way too tanned, uncomfortable, and unhealthy. What laser can be done to correct it and what would be the cost range?

SmartSkin would be a good choice

+1

Microablative Fractionated  CO2 laser is the treatment of choice for your skin condition. The laser will need to be adjusted if your skin is thin or atrophic.  Some patients need to be pre-treated to prevent PIH.  

Body sun damage and laser resurfacing

+1

Fractional resurfacing is the way to go for your body other than your face. It can help those areas. I would be careful doing too many areas though.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fractional co2 laser skin resurfacing

+1

You may be a candidate for controlled fractional co2 laser prepped with Melarase creams and topical skin lighteners.  An examination is warranted before treatment as ablative lasers, although more risky on dark skin, can improve the skin dramatically when performed in a controlled fashion.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS