Best Laser To Flatten Scar Tissue in Upper Lip?

What is the best Laser Treatment to help Flatten scar tissue inside the upper lip without destroying hair follicles? Lip is raised. Thank you.

Lasers for thick scars on the upper lip

+1

Options to reduce scarring on the upper lip include IIT or Pulsed Dye laser.  Our office uses the Vbeam laser to improve scarring.  A test spot should be performed to ensure safety along hair bearing skin. 

How to Flatten a Raised Scar?

+1

Hi Highlander.  We would likely use Kenalog (steroid) to flatten a raised scar before using a laser.  We have treated Keloid scars with pulsed dye lasers especially if they are very vascular in nature, but usually Kenalog is the best starting point.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Flatten scar of upper lip

+1

While I agree that the pulsed dye lye laser or fractionated laser can be used-massage with alot of pressure and the intralesional injection of cortisone can also be done.

Vicki J. Levine, MD

Lasers for scar improvement

+1

There are a few different approaches one can use using either a fractionated laser or a pulsed dye laser to improve the appearance of your scar. I would recommend you see a dermatologist with advanced training in lasers to help best determine which laser would be of benefit to you.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon