Laser Face Surgery - Red Bumps, Burning and Pain

85 years old-had laser facial surgery. 7 days post, she went to the ER for incredible pain, itching and burning with little red dots over most of her cheek areas. The MD put her on clindamycin because he thought she may be developing impetigo. Went to see her and it appeared to me that she was having an allergic reaction. She was putting Skinmedica rejuvenation ceramide on her face.I immediately told her to stop the cream and purchased ACuahor. She is better.Did she damage her skin w/ this cream

Ceramide creams and Elevase Moisture Booster

We often use ceramide creams after laser resurfacing. Our moisturizer of choice remains the Elevase Moisture Booster with opti-ceramides as the ceramides strengthen the skins natural moisture barrier. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles