Should I Get a Laser Face Lift or Lower Face Lift? (photo)

I sent my picture to a surgeon telling him about the concerns that I have with the chubbyness of my cheeks. I told him I want to get buccal fat removal but he told me to go with a lower face lift..I'm only 20 so I'm kind of scared to get something so drastic done, so I found out about the laser face lift, and was wondering if that would be a better option to lift and tighten my lower face area after buccal fat removal?

Should I get a laser face lift or lower face lift?

+2

According to your photo, you definitely are too young and your skin is too firm for a lower face lift. You do not have any fat deposits under your chin either. You do have fat deposits in your lower cheeks that give you that undesirable roundness to the face. I recommend that you get the Buccal Fat Bag removal. You would benefit greatly from this procedure. It is performed inside the mouth and the fat deposits are removed. The removal of these fat bags will create more definition on the jawline and the cheek bones. The surgery is performed with local anesthesia and sedation. The surgery lasts about one hour and the results are visible in one month!!!

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

You don't need a face lift at 20

+1

You are correct that addressing the buccal fat will be a much better option than a face lift.  A photo is not always the best way to assess things, and so rather than sending a photo, go to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a proper evaluation and good care.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Buccal Fat Pad Removal or Laser Facelift for Chubby Cheeks?

+1

If there is fat at the area where some people have a dimple, then this area can be removed and is called the buccal fat pad. 

Facelift usually not indicated for patients in their twenties

+1

You are not a candidate for a lower facelift. If you are at your optimal weight and are concerned you may want to investigate limited and conservative liposuction and/or buccal fat lift. An evaluation and lengthy discussion with a board certified aesthetic surgeon would be important.

Laser facelift or lower facelift?

+1

20 years old is a very young age to consider having any type of facelift performed, and you will not benefit from any type of facelift, including one where lasers are used. To help improve the appearance of chubby cheeks, the following may help:

1) General weight loss
2) Healthy lifestyle
3) Buccal fat removal (in more extreme cases) to create more definition in the face

At this point, I would recommend a consultation with a qualified surgeon. If he or she examines you in person, they may be able to see if you are a candidate for a buccal fat removal procedure. Thank you and best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/facelift/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

The best procedure to address heavy cheeks

+1

In someone your age, a lower face lift is not necessary and will not give you the results you desire.  The fullness in your lower face is not the result of deflation and sagging which is what a facelift is designed to correct.  Don't have a facelift performed.

Conservative liposuction is an option, but you will want make sure this is not overdone which will leave you looking hollow and overly aged.

If your weight is otherwise stable, most women have a natural slimming of their cheeks with age.  It is hard to get an appreciation for your overall body habitus by the one photo.

Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift at 20?

+1

You have a fairly typical problem for a young woman. Contouring a "round" face that is not really too fat is a risky proposition in that it is a well known fact that removing fat from the cheeks causes premature facial aging especially if there is some weight loss as all young ladies plan. The only exception to this rule is the buccal fat removal which does provide modest cheek contouring without the premature aging side effect. Lose 15# and your issues will probably resolve.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Laser or lower facelift in a 20 year old

+1

My answer would be to do neither!  I think it is irresponsible to take money from a postadolescent for either procedure.  Honestly, your skin is tight and you do not need a facelift.  As to the buccal fat, let me tell you that I have plenty of patients in their 50s who would give anything to get those fat pads back!  Operating now is basically a guarantee that, as you age, your face will have a hollow appearance. Try to make the most of what you've got.   Additionally, surgical consultations should be in person and not via email in order to make appropriate recommendations.

Face lift vs laser

+1

Thank you for the question and for the photo. Although it is difficult to make an exact determination based on photos alone, it doesn't look to me like you would need either procedure. There are a variety of different laser options to treat the face. However, all of these options focus on tightening the skin and perhaps slightly lifting the tissue. Likewise, a facelift focuses on lifting the tissues and tightening the skin. This is not your issue at all.

Your photos and description show increased volume of your cheeks. This can be treated with liposuction or , in some cases, with buccal fat pad reduction. However, you can to be very judicious in the use of these procedures as the face will naturally lose volume as it ages. Too much volume reduction now could lead to a deflated, skeletonized face later in life. Be sure to discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these procedures and is conservative in nature. They should be able to safely help you out while looking out for your long-term results.

Best of luck with your face.

Jeff Rockmore

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Face lift at 20

+1
  • I do not see the indications for a face lift in your photo.
  • I do not think a laser face lift will help either.
  • Buccal fat removal tends to hollow the face as you get older.
  • A very careful liposuction of the lower face might be safest and best for you.

I would get several other face-to-face opinions from  Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area.

Best wishes!