Laser Eyebrow Tattoo Removal Possible with Different Colors?

I have a bit of flesh colored tattoo with brown on my eyebrows. I want to have them removed now and understand that the flesh colored tattoo can turn black. If I continue treatments on that area, will the color eventually be removed, or is it permanent? If it is permanent, is there anyway to know exactly where it is so the flesh colored area can be avoided?

Flesh colored tattoos are very difficult to remove

+1

Flesh colored tattoos are very tricky to remove. They may react with the laser producing an immediate deep black darkening color that is often very resistant to laser treatment. While this black discoloration can improve with many laser treatments (using a Q-switched Nd:Yag laser), the results are often very slow and by no means guaranteed.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser removal of permanent eyebrow tattooing

+1

To answer your question, you need to go to a physician's office who has the capacity to remove light brown as well as black as tattoo removal can cause some darkening of lighter inks. However, most of the newer laser machines have the capacity to remove most of those colors. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon