Laser or Dermabrasion for Stretch Marks?

Whats the best treatment for stretch marks, Dermabrasion or Laser treatment? I am looking for a solution that takes the least amount of time possible, but just as efficient. I know dermabrasion is cheaper but is it as good? I heard it takes more sessions to get rid of the stretch marks. I have some that are still red and really want to get rid of them. I also have others on a different part of my body that are faded. Would one treatment be more effective on the faded ones than the red and vice versa?

Laser better than dermabrasion for stretch marks

+1

Dermabrasion is a wonderful treatment...but not for stretch marks.

When it comes to these, laser treatments, particularly Pulsed Dye Laser and Fractional ablative lasers, work much better. In fact, these two lasers are really the only treatments that lead to significant, noticeable improvement.

Nothing works overnight, though. Pulsed dye laser will likely bruise the area for several days, with resolution and improvement of the redness as the bruising fades. This is dependent on the energy setting used and the laser operator (hopefully a trained physician). Fractional ablative laser works well too. Fractional non-ablative lasers can also work well, but often take many more treatment. Don't buy into topical over the counter creams. Unfortunately, these don't work.

Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Neither works

+1

Stretchmarks will fade over time, but neither a laser or dermabrasion will make them go away. Some people claim success with the laser -- but I have never seen a good result.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD