I Am a Laser Cosmetic Therapist. I Need to Wear Goggles for Work, but After Rhinoplasty?

Hello, I plan to have rhinoplasty to shave the hump on the bridge of my nose, and I'm only allowed to take 2 weeks recovery time off. I am a Laser Therapist, so as you know, I have to wear goggles for my work. What would you advise?

Lase goggles are loose and wont compromise rhinoplast

+2

We restrict certain glasses after rhinoplasty since they rest on the bridge can change the result. Laer glasses are loose and dont rest on the nose...no problem

Googles after rhino

+2

I think the answer to this question lies in the type of the goggles.  if they are held on with a strong elastic band (and have shallow "cut out" for the bridge) i would recommend to my patients to avoid them for up to 3 wks if osteotomies were preformed.  if they are light and just rest on the nose that is an other issue - 10-14 days would be the recommendation i would give to my patients.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Goggles or glasses after Rhinoplasty

+2
Laser goggles are failry lightweight so this should not be a problem. I would suggest a small amount of tape around the middle of the goggles and tape them to the center area between brows to take any excess weight off. We sugges this to patients who wear glasses as well. Best regards,

Michael Elam, MD

Wearing safety goggles after rhinoplasty

+1

Try to place padding between the goggles and nose to disperse pressure off the nose.  If the goggles are left on for a lengthy period of time, small indentations will occur but that will not affect the overall end result of the rhinoplasty work.  Do not keep the goggles on for any more time that is needed during the first month after rhinoplasty.

Laser Goggles after Rhinoplasty

+1

Laser goggles, which are very light, can be worn after your rhinoplasty as long as they don't rest on your nose. Should not be a problem.

Eyewear after Rhinoplasty

+1

The lightweight frame style of Laser Goggles should generally be ok to wear after your Rhinoplasty. During the days and weeks following surgery it is imperative to maintain your nose’s new shape. Patients who wear glasses will often times, by recommendation, have them taped to their forehead or propped on their cheeks for approximately six weeks following Rhinoplasty. It is best to bring in your eyewear and allow your Physician to take a look to best determine suitability.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon