I Have Laser Burn in my Bikini Area, What is the Best Way to Care for this?

I've had bikini laser hair removal. First two sessions without any burns. The third session left brown areas and some blisters. the blister and the crust came off because of my underwear. There is not much pain, only discomfort. Now there are two small circles without superficial skin. I can not put ointment or dressing on them because of the location. What should I do?

How to treat burns from Laser hair removal

+1

My recommendations for treatment of burns in the skin are as follows:
1. Keep the areas clean by washing with a mild soap twice daily.
2. If there is blistering, relieve the pressure and hasten healing time by gently popping all blisters using a sterile needle or pin at the side of the blister. This should be a painless procedure. Do not remove the roof of the blister but allow it to settle down so it is flush with the skin. The blister roof will then form a protective cover.
3. Apply Aquaphor Healing Ointment (available without a prescription) to all involved areas to keep them "greasy". The greasier the area is, the faster it will heal. The drier and scabbier the area gets, the slower it will heal.
4. Permanent scarring is unlikely but you have to guard against post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation by constant protection from the sun for these areas such as using protective clothing and sunscreens.
5. Make certain you are under a doctor's care and watch for signs of infection so that oral antibiotics can be started as soon as possible if necessary.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon