Laser Bra Breast Lift Available on the East Coast?

Are there any doctors in the Boston, New York area that have studied with the doctor who created the Stevens laser bra breast lift technique and currently use it?

I'm looking for a breast lift with augmentation (Bilateral Mastopexy with Augmentation).

The truth about The Laser Bra

+4

Interesting how many call this a gimick when they dont even know what it is.............. I have done this  on hundreds of  happy women for  over 14 years   ( including 2 family members, numerous employees, numerous nurses who have watched it, and multiple physicians including a past fellow who does the surgery herself!)  Many of my Board Cerrtified Fellows are doing it around the country and I would be happy to assist any of you to find a qualified Board Certified Plastic Surgeon if you email our office.

The C02 laser is used to remove the outer skin creating an internal dermal bra ( alive and well vascularized) which is secured to the breast bone ( sternum) .  This "Laser Bra" lifts and supports the breast.  Interesting that many of the same surgeons who are critical of The Laser Bra would not hesitate to buy cadaver dermis( alloderm) or pig dermis (stratice) and sew it in as a non viable graft (not a  healthy vascularized flap like  The Laser Bra).  Surgeons use Alloderm and Stratice in breast reconstruction as well as now to help with mastopexies.  Look at Life Forms own literature.  The Laser Bra is free, vascularized, alive, and uses tissue that most surgeons otherwise discard while doing traditional breat lifts or mastopexies. 

I have written 2 peer reviewed papers in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal on Breast Reduction using The Laser Bra and Laser Assisted Breast Reduction for those critics who missed them.  I have also given numerous talks around the world  since 1996 regarding laser breast surgery.  This includes ASPS, CSPS, ISAPS, Copenhagen, Swizerland, American- Brazillian Aesthetic Surgery Meeting, and numerous visiting professorships in the US.

May I suggest that you try this living dermal internal bra sometime?  You might actually appreciate the lift it gives our patients.  Also gives more medial fullness or cleavage.  I used to secure it laterally and medially but now only medially as it lifts  in an  upward and medial direction this way.  Numerous surgeons have watched me do it and many are doing it in their practice now.  Those who dont understand it, havent read about it , havent heard about it , and havent done it are all too quick to criticize it. 

I am happy to speak with any of you regarding this technique in Toronto at ASPS or Boston at ASAPS.  Or you may call or email me anytime.  All the best! 

Grant

Forget the laser bra, it is just a gimmick

+3

There is nothing magic about a "laser bra" breast lift. Honestly! It is just a way of removing the skin before doing the lift and there are many effective ways of doing this. The heat of the laser is supposed to help tighten the tissues but there is no difference between Dr. Stevens' photos and those of many other qualified plastic surgeons. In fact, I personally have never been impressed by his artestry in this procedure and think his photos are rather ordinary.

There are many excellent plastic surgeons in Boston and you should inspect many photos of their work, meet with them and decide who is best for you. Just please forget about looking for a laser bra as it doesn't make any difference.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

I agree with the other surgeons who have answered this question

+2

I am in full agreement with the qualified surgeons who have already answered this question. Laser is a form of light and works by heating things. It is not an ideal tool for breast lifts. The selective heating of different wavelengths of lasers make them useful for objects that are pigmented in a color to which the specific laser is directed. For example, a gold-green colored laser is preferentially absorbed by a red color. This makes that type of laser good for red lesions such as capillary malformations (commonly called "port wine stains").

However, that type of laser would not be very useful for a brown lesion etc. Quite frankly, the laser is more of a marketing gimmick than actual help in breast lift surgery. People unfortunately think that somehow the laser is magic or does something that other things cannot do. It is not magic and surgeons who use them include nearly every plastic surgeon.

However, the use of the laser with traditional surgery can actually increase the risk of complications (ie. burns) and does little or nothing to help with the surgery. Instead of looking for a "laser breast lift," look for a surgeon who can do breast lift surgery well. Good luck.

Lane Smith, MD

Laser Bra Procedure

+2

I agree with most of the doctors that a breast lift is a breast lift. The laser bra procedure was developed by Dr. Stephens in LA and uses the laser to de-epithelialize the breast pedicle.

There is less bleeding and I have been pleased with results. Thermal effect caused by the laser does cause tissue contraction which can help firm the pedicle and improve the result in my experience.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Don't be swayed by marketing terminology...

+2

There are dozens and dozens of various methods, patterns, and variations of breast lifts. Some manuveurs and priniciples are helpful, some essential ,and some irrelevant. A lot of different variations will give excellent results. It all depends on the individual patient's anatomy and how the principles are applied. Some doctors think the dermis is important to shaping and longevity of the lift. Others think how you rearrange the tissues is more important. Removing the outer layer of skin can be performed with many tools, laser being a relatively high tech method but not the only, not necessarily, the best method. You should find a doctor with experience and whom you trust. Let him, not you, decide what tools to use for your situation. Good luck.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Not sure this is the procedure you need

+2

The only way to tell what procedure you need to help you reach your goals is to schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area and after your exam they can best describe to you what procedure you would benefit from. Bset of luck.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation/Lift Technique?

+1

I would suggest that, rather than focusing on a specific technique,  that you find the plastic surgeon in your area they can demonstrate significant experience achieving the type of results you're looking for.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

Again, it is best to focus on finding the right plastic surgeon as opposed to the “right technique”.

Laser bra lift is a gimmick

+1

Plastic surgery is a rapidly developing field that continually has new technologies appear to help certain problems. A laser is a focus light source that can help burn or resurface skin or tissue. Although a laser may be used during a breast lift, there is nothing that a laser will specifically do to lift the breast alone. Your best bet is to be evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon with a great deal of experience in many different breast lift techniques. He or she will be able to determine which technique is best for you. Be sure to ask your surgeon specifically about which techniques they use and how these techniques and help ensure that you will have a great, long-lasting results with minimal scarring.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Laser breast lift

+1

A laser breast lift sounds like another marketing tool. There are no lasers that can lift the breast. Yes, there are some lasers that purport to tightening the skin, but that is maybe 20%, and a true breast lift needs to mold the breast tissue deep to the skin.

Goes Technique by another name

+1

Dr. Sampaio Goes from Sao Paolo, Brazil described a technique to lift the breats by a circumareolar incision whereby he removes the top layers of skin and uses the bottom layers to assist in lifting the breats. The majority of the pull/lift is from above the breast, as opposed to the pushing up of the breast that is necessary from most types of breast lifts. In my view this is a great way to perform a breast lift.

I have taken this technique a step further in the "Tear Drop " augmentation mastopexy, which includes this lift with augmentation. The results are great and very durable.

The Laser Lift is a Goes Lift, but with a laser.

Robert M. Freund, MD