Worried About Laser and Facial Blistering- Will It Go Away? (photo)

I am a medium skin African American and had my second laser treatment on my face to remove discoloration. That same evening I had severer blistering that started to ooze. The doctor claimed she had to go deep in order to get results and that the blistering and oozing were normal. However after healing, I have more discoloration and It's even darker than before. I also have some pits in my skin that I can only assume are from the laser beam Is this normal for black skin and will my color return?

Skin Care for post laser side effects in skin of color

+1

I would advise you to go see the treating doctor as soon as possible. You need very careful and thorough care to recover well including gentle cleansing, topical antibiotics to any open areas and eventually bleaching products, topical cortisone and possibly one of the vitamin A acid creams. You may also require a series of gentle chemical peels to even out the color. Please use very religious sun protection even on cloudy days.  I would look for a sun blocking product with at least 5% zinc oxide in it. Lycogel camouflage makeup by Dermacia probably has colored product that would be good for you.

Lincoln Dermatologist