Do You Think Scar Revision Will Be Needed? (photo)

Ok so I got my breast done last may. It's almost been a year and I'm very unhappy with my results. I started at a 32a and am now a 32dd. The right side has 420cc and the left 400, the right is visibly bigger. The scar on the right side is visibly larger too. When the incisions were healing some of the stitches took to long to dissolve and left craters! Help is there any suggestions on how to get rid of scars without surgery? Or should I just go ahead and get them redone?

Unhappy with Breast Implant Results

+2

Other than the widened scars, which is a function of individual scar healing and sometimes technique, the breast augmentation results are very nice, and you should not be unhappy.  The hard part is done.  Scar revision would take 5 minutes under local.  Good luck.

Do You Think Scar Revision Will Be Needed?

+1

Your scars are certainly in the acceptable range.  You maybe happier if you have a scar revision done under local anesthesia in the office.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Do You Think Scar Revision Will Be Needed

+1

After this much time it is not reasonable to expect wide scars, which are not raised, to improve. 

I think the overall outcome is quite good, though I do understand your desire to have a narrower scar, especially on the right side. 

A scar revision can be done under local anesthesia in the office, and you can be back to full function in an hour. Trying any non-surgical options will just waste your time. 

Thanks, best wishes.  

+1

The scars are acceptable but I think you would be happier with a scar revision. the revision could be done under local anesthesia.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Scar Revision after Augmentation

+1

At almost a year out, the scars are unlikely to improve in appearance. The results of your surgery look excellent otherwise. I suggest speaking to your plastic surgeon about revising the scars. The procedure is a minor one and can be done under local with very little post op down time.

Eugene J. Sidoti, Jr., MD
Scarsdale Plastic Surgeon

Scar Revision?

+1

Yes, you should consider a scar revision. I'm sure your surgeon is not pleased with the scars either. This can unusually be done as an office procedure under local anesthesia and the down time is minimal.

William H. Gorman, MD

Scar Revision After Augmentation

+1

It is unlikely that anything sort of a scar revision will be of any benefit 8-9 months after your breast augmentation.  This a procedure that can be performed in the office under local anesthesia.

John Whitt, MD

Widened scar after a breast augmentation

+1

There is some minor differences in symmetry between the two breasts but probably not enough to warrant a change in implants.  Your peri-areolar scar is widened and you would do well with a minor scar revision.  

Revision for Areolar Breast Augmentation Scars

+1

Your breast augmentation results are very acceptable. Few breast augmentation results are perfectly symmetric. Your inferior areolar scars do have room for improvement and you should proceed to have them re-excised and closed. The scar results will be much more narrow this time. This is a procedure that can be done in the office under local anesthesia.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Scar revision

+1

Sorry that you formed a widened scar.  Otherwise your result is very good.  I do think a scar revision could improve your situation - and it is simple to perform with out a big trip to the OR and general anesthesia.  A short procedure with local anesthesia to cut out and carefully re-stitch the incision is all you need.  Speak with your PS about it.

Thomas Fiala, MD