Will a steroid shot get rid of scar tissue 2 years post Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Right after my surgery one side of nose was very hard. Over time it has softened and I can feel the scar tissue underneath the skin. It kind of pulls that side of my nose down in the front and makes the nostril look lower and wider. It's the very front part above the nostril where the scar tissue is bothering me because of the asymmetry. My question is, would a steroid shot get rid of the scar tissue? In the picture I attached, the scar tissue side is on the right.

Will a steroid shot get rid of scar tissue 2 years post Rhinoplasty?

+1
   An exam would be necessary to determine if this is cartilaginous in nature.

Steroids for scar tissue

+1
If it is scar tissue (and it looks like it), steroid injections can be helpful.  Usually more than one is required.  They should not be done too frequently as they can lead to atrophy.  Nevertheless, it is often very effective.  Be sure the firmness is not underlying cartilage. If it's scar tissue, it is likely to be adherent to the overlying skin.  If it's cartilage, the skin will likely move over it.

Howard A. Tobin, MD
Abilene Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar tissue nasal tip

+1
I proper diagnosis needs to be made. Is it scar tissue or firm cartilage. If it is thick firm cartilage, surgery may be needed. If it is truly scar tissue, then a cortisone injection can be used, but be very careful of the amount (volume + concentration) injected as he can lead to more problems
Ask your surgeon

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip cartilage prominent.

+1
This is your tip cartilage and not "scar tissue". No steroid injections!! This will make it worse.