I'm very petite with a very small face. My nose is without a doubt too large for my face? (photo)

In my opinion my profile isn't terrible but appears a bit too up turned. The bridge is too broad and the tip is flat and slightly bulbous. What are my options and what type of nose would improve my appearance?

Hoo Large To Fix Nose To Large For My Face

+4

Thank you for your question. You have a very nice pretty face and I agree with you that your nose is too large or out of proportion to the rest of your face

In my opinion an open rhinoplasty is the best option to bring your nose into better balance for your overall face.

The open rhinoplasty technique will allow your surgeon to narrow and refine your wide nasal tip. The nasal tip will also be rotated upward or elevated and the rest of the nose, the bony portion of your nose will be narrowed.

Rhinoplasty is a delicate and complex art and requires experience and skill on the part of your plastic surgeon. I recommended that you consult at least 2 plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, are experienced in rhinoplasty surgery, and have an excellent reputation in your community for achieving excellent results.

I'm very petite with a small face. My nose is without a doubt too large for my face?

+1

A good rhinoplasty surgeon is able to create a nose that enhances your own natural appearance and is in harmony with your facial features. Refining the nose would help improve its appearance. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to evaluate your nose in person and provide you with advice. Computer imaging software may be used to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. It also serves as a great communication tool between you and your prospective surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

You are certainly a great candidate for a rhinoplasty. Your nose would look much nicer if reduced and narrowed. This can e accomplished with either an open or closed rhinoplasty. The most important choice you will make will be selection of a surgeon who is skilled and experienced ar rhinoplasty. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi Katerbar, I have reviewed your pictures and I agree with your assessment. When I look at a nose I explain to my patients that the whole nose needs to be addressed so that the end result is natural and not an operated look. In your case I would lower your bridge which would also let your tip be less projected. I would narrow the nasal bones to make your nose thinner. These two things would make your nose appear a little longer. The tip itself would also be narrowed and reshaped to give it a little bit more definition. It is a little hard to tell from your pictures whether your nostrils need to be narrowed. I think these things would give you a smaller more refined nose that would fit your face better. Hope this helps.

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Large nose on small face

+1

One of the main goals of rhinoplasty surgery is to blend the nose into the face such that it no longer draws attention, and attention instead focuses on your eyes, lips, and other attractive features. In many cases, this involves decreasing the size or width of the nose to create a natural and beautiful result. In San Diego, we commonly perform computer imaging to give you a "preview" and make sure your expectations are reasonable. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Large Nose on Petite Face

+1

Your nose is wide on a patient with a petite face. The entire nose, including the tip, should be narrowed so it is proportion to the surrounding facial features. Without a profile view I cannot tell if the tip is too "upturned".

Rhinoplasty to refine the bridge and tip

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure would refine the entire nose which would include osteotomies to narrow the nasal bones, tip suturing techniques of the lower lateral cartilages to reduce the bulbous tip, and possibly shaving down some of the projection of the tip and bridge. For many examples similar to your own, please see our rhinoplasty photo gallery link below

+1

In my over the internet opinion a full rhinoplasty is your best option. Seek a few IN PERSON evaluations.

Rhinoplasty for a small face

+1

You've described the appearance of your nose very well. For a small face and petite frame you would have more harmony with a smaller nose. This would require breaking the nasal bones (osteotomies) to narrow the nasal bridge. You do not have a full profile view (lateral) so I can't tell you for sure if your tip is "too upturned", but either way the tip will need to be refined.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

I'm very petite with a very small face. My nose is without a doubt too large for my face?

+1

The bridge can be narrowed, and the tip can refined in the manner you have suggested.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA