Can Bulge Above Belly Button After Tummy Tuck Be Fixed? (photo)

I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo 4 months ago and i have a bulge above belly button or extra skin that gives a weird shape to my stomach instead of being flat i checked with my doctor he said muscle repair is intact and that i should do hard core abs and that in february he will perform lipo in that area will this fix the bulge, or do i need a tummy tuck revision and what exactly a revision do, is it new belly button and pull skin down again will i go under again.

There are two options for imrpovement: liposuction vs tummy tuck redo

+1

Thank you for the photos.  Although there is likely some residual healing to occur at 4 months I do not anticipate that the amount of change from now on related to healing will be dramatic.  Therefore, your options at this stage would be one of two: either liposuction of the area above your belly button to reduce some of the fat and in return camouflage the bulge in this area or to redo the tummy tuck.  There are a number of possible factors that are causing this bulge including some laxity of abdominal wall, residual fat, and soft tissue crowding around the belly button inset.

Dr Remus Repta 

Bulge above belly button (photo)

+1

There is really no way to know what anatomic feature is creating your objectionable contour without more information.  Your pre-surgical profile, knowledge of techniques incorporated in your abdominoplasty, and physical examination are important.  If still uncertain, I would look at CT scan.  Possibilities include fat, seroma, dehiscence or relaxation of abdominal wall plication under stress, and others.  Absorption of plication sutures (loss of tensile strength) under stress of intra-abdominal pressure can cause this.  It should feel like fat if it is fat.  Only if it's fat will liposuction offer improvement.

Steve Laverson, MD

Bulge above navel

+1

Without an in person exam,  I am not sure what this is. It does look a little bit too discreet to be just fat. If I didn't already know what your surgeon thought I would have guessed that it was more likely to be a breakdown of the abdominal wall sutures, but I would yield my opinion to someone who actually examined you.
If it is fat, liposuction should solve the problem. If not, the procedure would have to be customized to the problem.
Thanks for the question and the photos. Best wishes.