3 weeks since nose job and wondering if it's swelling that I have or new bone/ cartilage growth? (photo)

I got a nose job 3 weeks ago to remove my hump and take away my droopy tip. When my cast was removed I loved my new nose but after 3 days I started to see that the hump was back:/ is this normal swelling or new bone/cartilage? Will it go away in time? Also my tip is too turned up...I look like Ms Piggy :/ will this also go away or improve with time? My surgeon said yes but in unsure :/

3 weeks since nose job and wondering if it's swelling that I have or new bone/ cartilage growth?

+1
The end result of most rhinoplasty procedures is not for 12 months on average.  I would at least give it a few months and revisit your concerns with your surgeon.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative Rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for your question. It takes several months to know what the final result after your rhinoplasty. I would just give it more time, based on your postoperative photo I think you are on track to have a great result. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Your Look after a Rhinoplasty

+1
After a rhinoplasty or nose job, there is always rebound swelling after the cast is removed.  It will likely settle but you should check back with your surgeon if you are concerned.

I hope that helps.  Best regards. 

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon