I'm 26 yrs old, 178 lbs, and I'm 5'2. I want a Brazilian Butt Lift. Would I need to lose weight before the procedure?

How much are the costs of the prcedure and i would want bigger hips hour glass shape.

+2
Being as close to your goal weight as possible is usually best. This reduces risk and helps achieve the best results possible from a BBL. 

+2
Best results are obtained in patients closer to their ideal weight. Photos would have been helpful in your assessment. Fat is distributed differently in patients. Post photos and I'll be happy to up date my answer.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Great question

+2
The great result that you can have does not depend on how much weight you lose but depends on special surgical techniques. Actually you having more weight on at the time of surgery will help the surgeon extract more fat and place more fat on your buttocks.

Happy 4th!

John M. Anastasatos, MD, FACS

Brazilian Butt Lift

+2
To get the best results from Brazilian Butt Lift you need to loose weight, to get near your ideal body weight. Body contouring should include the whole body to achieve the ideal body image

Weight loss prior to surgery

+1
It is not absolutely necessary to lose weight prior to your surgery.  Ideally, your weight should be stable and you should be near your goal weight, but that is not always that easy.  Everyone looks better after losing weight.  You would need a consultation to evaluate your candidacy.

Dennis Dass, MD

+1
You probably would benefit from some weight loss, but pictures or an exam would be helpful to make this determination.   Select a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of BBLs each year, has good reviews, and has good before and after pictures.