10 Days Since Restalyne Under my Eye. I Still Have a Little Lump. How Can I Tell if It's Excess Filler or Bruising? (photo)

Restylane and swelling

+1

I see the area of concern but without seeing you in person, it's very difficult to determine if it is product or the remnants of a bruise. I would follow up with your provider at least two weeks post treatment to see whether or not it just needs some massage to soften it, or if it needs further treatment.

Lump following treatment with Restylane

+1

Swelling can last a few weeks in that area, and sometimes longer depending on the patient. An exam would be necessary to determine the nature of the issue. I would recommend waiting a few more days and following up with your provider, as they will be able to examine the area in person and provide you with advice. Excess filler can be dissolved with hyaluronidase if necessary. I hope this helps, and good luck to you.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Good News-One Way Or Another a Bump Under Your Eyes After a Filler Injection Will go Away

+1

It's still a bit early to say if it is just swelling or excess filler. Make an appointment to see you injector within the next week for an evaluation. The good news is that there are some things you can be doing in the meantime (it makes all of us feel better to at least be doing something-right?). Some gentle massage over the area for 5 minutes, twice a day, will help smooth the bump if it is in fact due to too much filler. Ice used 2-3 times a day will help if it is simply due to swelling. If it is due to lumpy filler, the ice won't make it worse, and if it is due to swelling, the massage won't be harmful. Don't be too concerned either way. If it is swelling, it will go away. If it is a filler issue, time will help and if needed, there is an enzyme that can be injected to make it dissolve. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane under the eyes

+1

Dear Andrea,

1. I would wait a full two weeks, then follow up with your plastic surgeon
  2. At that time, an examination would be able to tell you what is filler and what is still swelling

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Restylane under the eyes

+1

If you are still concerned 2 weeks after your injections, please return to your doctor for assessment.  He can determine whether or not it is a lump of Restylane.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

10 Days Since Restylane Under my Eye. I Still Have a Little Lump. How Can I Tell if It's Excess Filler or Bruising?

+1

Waiting several more days followed by an inperson examination will provide the best answer to your question.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lump from Restylane after 10 days

+1

Swelling/bruising can last for up to 2 weeks normally, and longer if the bruising was excessive. If you don't know if it's bruising or actual product I would suggest you return to your injector in a few days for an assessment. He or she should be able to tell at that point.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

After 10 days, lumps from bruising around the eye should be almost gone and most likely is the Restylane.

+1

It's very hard to tell from the pictures anything about the "lump" you describe.  However, if it were due to bruising, it should be almost gone by 10 days and shouldn't be just appearing.  It most likely is related to a clump of filler which could be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  Around the eyes is a difficult injection and should be done with the most skilled injectors using blunt cannulas.

Steven F. Weiner, MD