Not So Happy. Will This Change? What Can I Do? (photo)

I had a BL with implant 3wks ago. I hate how the bottom joins like upside down cleavage?! I asked my PS about it today, said that they may round out. I want to believe him but i dont see how rounding out can change this. I don't want to act like I am doubting his work or him. I feel bad asking him about it. Although I don't have large, heavy, saggy breast anymore, I absolutely hate this. I cant stop looking and thinking about it! Am I being crazy? Does it look odd? Is this fixable? What are my options?

Your results 3 weeks out from a augmentation mastopexy WILL CHANGE

+2

and it will become more like what you are hoping for.  Perfect results right after surgery mean you will NOT have perfect results a year later.  Implants settle and tissue stretches.  Please be patient and give it time and follow the advice of your surgeon.  You chose your surgeon for good reasons and there is no reason to doubt your surgeon now.

Unhappy with early breast lift ./ augmentation surgery

+2

Many times the result from breast surgery depends upon the shape of the breasts prior to surgery.  You are still very early in the post operative recovery period.  While this may not improve with time you still need time for the operation to evolve.  Once you get out to 3 - 5 months you may consider a revision.  Your third photo looks like a nice overall result.  

Breast Lift Results after 3 Weeks

+2

As others have said, 3 weeks is too early to judge the results. It takes time for the swelling to resolve and skin to stretch. 3 to 6 months is a more realistic time to see the final result. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Too Early to Tell

+2

Thank you for your photographs.  You are early in your recovery phase.  Your PS has the experience of his/her operations settle out down the road so you must trust that.  Give yourself time.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Unhappy after Breast Augmentation and Lift

+2

Thank you for the photos.  You are so early in the postoperative phase that it is difficult to say how things will look 4 months from now.  But seeing how things look at this point, you may be very happy with your final results.  You just need to be patient and wait and see how things are later on.  Follow your plastic surgeons postoperative routine at this point and simply wait it out.  At this point, judging from your photos, it appears that you are on you way to a nice result.  Good luck.  Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Not So Happy. Will This Change? What Can I Do?

+1

For a three week photo, I think this looks quite good. The things I would expect to change over 3 months or so is for the implants to "drop", losing some of the artificial looking fullness in the upper poles, and filling out the lower part of the breasts, with steady improvement in the overall appearance. 

Patience. 

All the best. 

Never be afraid to discuss your concerns with your surgeon after a breast lift.

+1

The breasts in the picture demonstrates fairly characteristic appearance shortly after the operation. There will be significant changes as the swelling subsides. This may or may not fix the problem you are presently concerned with. Discuss this with your surgeon.

Breast lift

+1

Hi

I don't think you are being crazy, you just want to get the best results.

I think at 3 weeks, it all looks pretty good. If after 6months you are not happy with the results then you can ask your surgeon to fix the perceived problem.

I am sure you will end up liking the results as time passes.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post augmentation lift

+1

At three weeks after an augmentation lift, it is a bit early.  The breasts will change over the next few months.

+1

Your result looks neither odd nor poor.  As the skin envelope relaxes, the lower pole will relax as well.  Your plastic surgeon has given you a good early result.  Trust in that.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA