Can I Be a Candidate for Transfer to my Breast That Has Been Deformed After Silicone Gel Removal?

I had a silicone gel removed March 2012 due to infection . I would like to know if I can be a candidate for fat transfer to my breast that has been deformed due to removal of the implant? I have picture i my profile that you can look at . Thank you

Fat transfer?

+1
You should seek a consultation for fat transfer to your breasts. The fat can successfully add soft, natural volume to the breasts and even improve the tight scar tissue. Advanced fat transfer enriched with stem cells harvested from your own fat may be beneficial as well for you. This doesn't 'regrow' breast tissue it replaces the breast tissue you've lost with your own natural fat tissue.

Fat Transfe to the Breast After Implant Removal

+1

Whether fat transfer to the breast after removal of an implant is reasonable or not can only be determined by a direct examination.  If the scar tissues deep and there is loose tissue and skin over this then a fat transfer is reasonable.  Seek advice from a plastic surgeon with experience in this procedure.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reconstruction with fat transfer.

+1

Unfortunately no, because the scar tissue that has formed will not expand with injections of fat.

The breast tissue that was destroyed is gone, for correcting this, you will need to consider breast implants or subcutaneous mastectomy just like Angelina Jolie had done.

Hope this helps you in deciding what´s best for you.

Carlos Castaneda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon