350 Vs 375 Silicone Width?

5'7" and 114 lbs, my rib cage is narrow and I have been measured by different docs at a width of 11-12.4" breast tissue. Currently I am a 34b bra size. I plan to use a silicone HP implant, through the crease, dual plane. I'd like to be a perky athletic type C cup. My PS suggested a 375 cc because I prefer a close (but not touching) cleavage line, he tells me it wont make me project further but will give me better cleavage than the 350, my instinct is to go 350 or even 325, any thoughts?

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Usually your instinct in most things are what is best, I like smaller implants, I find bigger implants can look square like and always look like they ride high so I would say take the smaller implant

Which implant width?

+1

Cleavage cannot be created. Your pec muscles attach to your breast bone in the center. Implants cannot be placed any closer to the center than the attachment of the muscle. If that is done you will have symmastia which is a very, very difficult problem to correct. Rather than focusing on the type of implant profile or the number of cc's or bra cup size (with is inaccurate and manufacturer dependent), I would recommend you communicate very clearly your expectations and desires. Your plastic surgeon will decide with you on the profile of the implant based on the breast width, your body shape, skin elasticity and thickness and native breast tissue present.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Breast cleavage after augmentation is determined by anatomy not by the surgeon.

+1

Breast cleavage is bestowed by mother nature. Is not a good idea to place an implant beyond anatomic borders of the breast.

Other factor more important

+1

Enlarging a 34 B to a perky athletic C would only require 100 cc implants.  However, you have not provided any photographs or described any other problems with your breasts.  It is possible that your breasts would benefit from a simultaneous lift.  There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall will give maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  The best implants are silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural and are less likely to ripple.  The dual plane implants will extrude inferiorly and laterally, particularly with a large implant like the 350 cc or 375 cc.  Also, your chest may not be able to accommodate large implants since you are so small.  You are focusing on implant size when other factors are just as important.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

The size difference between the two is not significant.  Given your description, either size will give you a nice result.   Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast Implant Size

+1

A breast width difference of 1.4 cm is significant when considering the volume that corresponds to each breast dimension. This could be a difference of as much as 100cc which would likely make up to a cup size difference. It would be important to get an accurate and consistent breast width measurement to make the best decision. 

Gus Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

350 Vs 375 Silicone Width?

+1

Virtually all patients who have breast augmentation eventually wish they had selected larger implants. Virtually every one of them would have said before surgery that they were concerned about going too large. I always advise my patients to choose the larger size if they are having trouble choosing between two implants. And do keep in mind that 25cc does not even equal 2 tablespoons. Good luck!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Choosing breast implants

+1

25cc is a very small amount of saline or silicone and I really think that it won't make much of a difference.  However, I would recommend taking samples of the implants and placing them inside your bra to give you and idea of how you'll look in order to guide your decision.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Sizes.

+1

25 to 50 cc really does not change the overall look that much.  It translates into millimeters of projection.  The vast majority of patients wished they had gone larger.  I would recommend going with the larger size.  You will be glad you did, in about 6 weeks after the surgery.

Ben Childers, MD

Implant sizing

+1

Your plastic surgeon will do his best to get you the result that you desire.  Picking implant sizes can be a daunting challenge for the patient but an experienced plastic surgeon should be your most valuable tool.  For every choice there is a pro and con. This is an operation that you want to do once, do right and not have to do it over again.  All of the implants that you have selected are in the objective range for your body shape.  It becomes a matter of preference at this point as to the size.  50 cc difference will not make an incredible difference one way or the other.