Largest Breast Implant I Am Able to Have? (photo)

I am 5'8" 145 lbs. 36 in around ribcage, 24 years old. I know for a fact that I want to go with silicone. I am wanting to go as large as the ones in these pictures, without having any complications down the road and without having a lift. I have been to a previous consultation before but I did not stress to the doctor exactly how big I would like to go. I told him at LEAST a DD. He recommended 550 cc's at the time, but I would love to go larger if I can. Thank you for your help!

Largest size is not always the best size

+2

Hi 

this is a common question. I would agree with the majority here. You can always opt for a larger implant. It's your body, and your breasts. However, you should take into account the fact that with very large implants there are consequences. Weight, heaviness, thinning of the skin etc... Your pics show you are starting with at least a B+ size naturally, so the end result will be quite full. 

I would try the rice test. Place ~20 ounces of dry rice in a ziplok baggie and wear that in your bra one saturday. ALL day. See if that size is something you want to "wear" all day long. If you do, then this is likely going to be ok for you. If not, then you will have learned that there is a comfort issue about this decision. The weight of a 600cc implant is about 2.5 pounds total for both breasts. 

Hope this helps you. Best wishes. 

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Larger Breast Implants

+2

You can of course go with larger implants and based on all the answers below, you can see that there are different schools of thought.  But, strictly based on your one photo and your measurements, it seems that you should be able to go with a larger breast implant.Ideally, you would go to a size that makes you happy, but not be so large that you have upper back pain, early sagging or difficulty finding well fitting clothes. Try on some sizer implants so that you can see for yourself what looks good on you.  Dr. B

Ramin Behmand, MD

You can go larger, but.

+2

You can of course go larger, perhaps even to 700cc or more, and you have shown what you want with your photos. The bigger you go, the greater the chance of thinning and ripples becoming visible, and drooping of the breast down the road. Your surgeon has made an intellegent choice, but you can do otherwise if you can live with the risks.

Choosing large breast implants

+1

Thanks for your pictures and question.  I determine size of implants for an augmentation based on the patient's chest and breast measurements.  High profile implants will help you achieve your goals.  Unfortunately, going with large implants means you will develop some consequences such as skin thinning and drooping of your breasts with time.  How long it takes is dependent on how large the implants are and your skin characteristics.  Remember, breast implants are not lifetime devices and you will require another surgery at some point in the future.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Sizing

+1

The correct sizing depends on your breast width and your chest width and anatomy. If you like the high profile implant then you should have the one that best fits your frame

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Choosing any size and starting with cc's of volume

+1

If the implant diameter is about 1 cm less than the base width of your breast (upright with arms down) and the highest profile (forward volume) is chosen and that comes out to 550 cc's, then it will fit and work well for a 2 cup size increase. It will not look like someone else's breasts as in the result. 

If the width (and therefore volume) of the implant is too big for your breast you will likely end up showing pictures of your poor outcome you are unhappy with and asking how soon you can have it revised. It is not just long term complications that occur with implants that are too big to fit properly behind your breast. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

550 cc breast implants are plenty large and I think will get you where you want to be size wise.  I think the size recommendation is a good one and would not go any larger than that.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Large implants

+1

The choice of implant size is one of the most difficult decisions to make. You need to make it in consultation with your surgeon who needs to understand your goals. And you need to understand what can and can't be done surgically and what the consequences of your choice is. This can't really be done online but needs to be a discussion with your surgeon. And you should feel comfortable with the discussion and the decision even if you need to meet with several surgeons. Sometimes if you want to go very large, it should be done as a staged procedure with plenty of time between the surgeries for your skin to get used to the presence of the implant. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

You can be augmented as large as the girls in the photos

+1

I've placed implants as large as 850 mL but when you get above the 550 mL range, a lot of individual physical variations apply. Depending on such factors as the width of your breastbone, where you have stretch marks, how prominent your ribs are, how wide your chest is, etc. will influence the final result. Going from a B cup to a DDD or E cup will stretch the overlying tissue, especially if you are going under the muscle. In my experience, larger implants have a higher frequency of capsular contracture (thick scar tissue). It's important that you have thorough discussion with your plastic surgeon about your goals and what he or she can realistically offer you.

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

Largest breast implant

+1

Theoretically, the largest breast implant that is made is 800cc.  However, I wouldn't recommend that just because that is the largest implant possible that you choose that implant.  In your question, you also say that you would like to avoid complications and future operations down the road.  Unfortunately, with extremely large breast implants you are more likely to have complications and require future operations for issues such as sagging, thinning of the skin, rippling, and other aesthetic problems.  I would suggest that you speak with a board certified plastic surgeon about your goals and expectations.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon