Options To Correct Larger Space Between the Upper Lip and Nose After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had my nose done a year ago, I started to the difference in the space between my upper lip and nose after the surgery. I do use fillers like restylane in my upper and lower lip,this has also caused a little droopiness of my upper lip, over my teeth. but I believe it is caused of the nose surgery that I see this space/gap now, even if I have used fillers for 6 years . What can be done since this really bothers me ? is a upper liplift something I should think about ? help :(

Lip aesthetics

+3

I think your lip issue is due to over injection of fillers into the lips. Cutting out lip skin just under the nose in my opinion will only contribute further to a look of too much plastic surgery. Given how your nostrils are completely visible on frontal view the resulting scar will be quite noticeable.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Lip lift can reduce distance between nose and upper lip

+1

An upper lip lift can help reduce the distance between your nose and the actual red lip. It will indeed show more of your upper teeth. However, you will be left with a scar at the base of your nose. Given that your nostrils are visible on frontal view, the scar will be likely more notable on you than most. I would consider whether you are willing to trade the length of your lip for a scar before proceeding. Hope this helps.

Dr. Sunder

Space Between Nose and Upper Lip

+1

The excision of upper lip skin at the nasal base would decrease the distance between the nose and the lip border. Please consider decreasing the rotation of your nasal tip and increasing chin projection which would improve profile balance and camouflage the actual length of the upper lip.

Wide lip

+1

If you are happy with your tip position and nostril show then a sub nasal lip lift will address your concerns.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options To Correct Larger Space Between the Upper Lip and Nose After Rhinoplasty?

+1

IMHO, the nasal tip is over-rotated at ~ 120 degrees and the chin is quite weak on profile.  These are the main aesthetic things that I see on the face.  I believe these are aesthetically much more important than trying to decrease the nose-lip distance.  A Columellar tuck and a Chin Implant placed through an oincsion under the chin would aesthetically balance the face and improve the appearance.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Lip Lift

+1

A lip lift will help to reduce the amount of space between the bottom of your nose and the upper lip so that your upper teeth will show more.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can help you achieve the results you desire.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/procedures2/liplift

Prominent upper lip

+1

Tough to discuss without seeing you, but in general if the ditance between your upper lip and nasal base is too long a solution is to excise some skin between the two,usually under neath the nasal base to shroten the distance.

Subnasal Lip Lift For The Long Upper Lip

+1

The only way to decrease the space between the nose and the upper lip is by removal of some skin. While there are different options for this reduction, you are correct in assuming that a subnasal lip lift is the best choice in your case. As a general rule the distance between the upper lip and the nose can be reduced by about 25% without making a wide subnasal scar, creating too much pout of the central lip, or any fear of making it too short. This is a procedure that can be done under local anesthesia in an office setting.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/lip.html