What is the Best Treatment for Getting Larger Looking Lips?

Fort Lauderdale Lip Augmentation

+1
Well, lips are truly my favorite providing atrophic upper lips that have rolled into the bottom lip a soft natural presence that doesn't distort the eye. Lips are a work of art & should be treated as such. Start low & come back for weekly visits til we establish the best look for you.

Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Larger looking lips

+1

By far the best treatment for larger, fuller natural looking lips is a proceedure I invented and perfected over 20 years ago. I do dermal-fat grafts from the lower abdomen supra-public area into the lips. The grafts give permanent fullness and totally natural results. It is your own tissue and presents no problem of rejection. Absorption is about 20 % so the grafts are placed in that much larger. The proceedure is done under local anesthesia and takes 45 minutes. If there is a draw back to the proceedure it is that there is a small donor site scar at the edge of the hair line in the supra-pubic area. All fillers are temporary, silicone is permanent but illegal and looks terrible. All artificial implants in the lips like softform, permalip, gore-tex, alloderm, etc. eventually become problematic and need removel. Straight fat injection or plain fat grafts will dissappear within 6 months. The dermal-fat graft is a well proven graft and excellent in this area. I use Juvederm injections for patient who do not want surgery of any kind and do not mind coming back every 4-6 months for another injection.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation Options

+1

The following options for lip augmentation include:

• lip injection (hyaluronic acid, Restylane, Juvederm)
  • lip implant
  • lip plastic surgery

Injection are typically temporary, lasting 4-6 months. Injections with fat may be longer lasting. Some lip implants are made of silicone and provide permanent results. Plastic surgery on the lips also provide long-lasting results, but may be the most invasive. 

There is no best option. The injections are the least initial cost ranging around $600, but require repeat treatments. Implants and surgery provide the longest results, but may be more expensive up front. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgeon specialist help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best fillers for lip enhancement

+1

There are several filler agents that are useful and safe, and give natural looking results. Most commonly, restylane and juvederm are great fillers as they are composed of hyaluronic acid which means they are very versatile and can be reversed if you did not like the look. Juvederm in particular is soft which is my preferred option for the lips for a more natural look and feel.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

What is the best treatment for getting alrger lips?

+1

I have used many techniques for lip augmentation for over 20 years and I prefer using alloderm implants to create fuller, natural looking lips.  Unlike other implants, Alloderm is supple enough to be placed directly under the red portion of the lip and above the lip muscle.

Larger Lips and Lip Augmentation

+1

There are a number of options for making lips larger or lip augmentation.  They include injectable fillers such as Hyaluronic acid (Restylane, Juvederm, etc.), fat injections, and silicone implants.  Of these options the Hyaluronic acid Fillers are the easiest and safest to preform (the injection can be reversed with an injection of another chemical - Hyaluronidase - which will dissolve the filler).  Although the filler will gradually resorb over time and need to be repeated, the results are usually more predictable and natural looking than some of the other options.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Lip enlargement

+1

Usually the best option for lip augmentation is using filler materials like hyaluronic acid. Commonly juvederm or perlane are the best choices.  Fat injeciton is unpredictable.

Best treatments for larger looking beautiful lips depends on how long you want them.

+1

Temp fillers such as restylane or juvederm which lasts about 4-6 months for $550/syringe are great to start with but when you want permanent beautiful lips then you get the implants under local anesthesia for $1500-2000 per implant and enjoy them.  You can always supplement your implants with fillers as well if need be.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

The Best Treatment for Lips

+1

Juvederm or Restylane are the best options for lip enhancement. They are used to replace lost volume, define the vermilion borders and create a more youthful curl, elevate and lift the corners of the mouth, and correct vertical wrinkle lines. They can restore the natural contour of the upper and lower lip and enhance the Cupid’s bow area. Lifting the corners of the mouth gives a hint of a smile and reduces the “sad or angry look” when they are down turned. Please remember, your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Larger looking lips

+1

The hyaluronic acid fillers including Restylane and Juvederm are the most appropriate fillers for the lips.  Although they are not permanent solutions, they are quite safe.  The effects are also reversible in the event you dislike the results or the lips look uneven after administration of the filler.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist