How Sooner After Initial Augmentation Can I Get an Implant Revision for Larger Implants? (photo)

10 appts with PS (A+ Dr.) and was told by him that 450cc was minimum to get desired look. I said ok "if in doubt go larger." My own breast naturally were big (and HUGE at one point) however they lost volume (to me) because of breastfeeding. I was told no need for a lift by 3 PS. Ended up w/ 375cc which didn't get the results! 3 New consults reveal that 375cc was too small and not placed properly which make nipples awkward and need 600cc but easy fix. What's the risk for doing 13 weeks post op?

Breast implant revision

+1

You did need a lift based on your initial photos. Your current result not natural and to improve you have a few options. The best in my opinion is to take things out and wait 4-6 months and then start over with a lift with implants. Another option is to redo now with a lift and implants but a higher chance of needing a touch up operation. I think 600cc is too big for your frame and will only end up making you look worse over time as gravity pulls things South!  Good luck and please see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Revision of Breast Augmentation

+1

After reviewing your 1st pictures (prior to implants) it is obvious that you do need a lift.  The 3 plastic surgeons who saw you were wrong, wrong and wrong!!!!!!  Implants did not correct your problem and you are dissatisfied.  Larger implants would be repeating the same mistake.  It is best to undergo a mastopexy and repositioning of the implants.  There is no need to wait, you can have this done now.  You will need a circumareola approach.  The implants will have to be plicated inferiorly and you will need breast tissue and nipple elevation.  The goal is to align the nipple, breast tissue and implant at a higher level in the same horizontal plane.  The WORST thing you could possibly do at this time is get larger implants.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

How soon can Breast Implants be exchanged?

+1

Most surgeons will wait at least 3 months before doing any kind of revision after breast augmentation.  This includes changing the size to bigger or smaller implants.  This allows time for all the swelling to subside and the implants to settle down into their resting position.  It also allows for an accurate assessment of the breast size and appearance before trying to adjust them.  The risks of any kind of revision are similar to the original procedure and unfortunately, there is still no guarantee that you will be satisfied with the results.  

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Revision For Size Increase

+1

The timing of breast augmentation revision depends to some degree on what is being considered. When it comes to increasing implant size, and one is certain that is the right solution to one's concerns, it could be done anytime after three months from the original procedure. Implant replacement for size is as much about being sure that they are not big enough than it is about any medical aspect of the procedure or healing.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast augmentation expectations

+1

Your breast appearance has certainly been improved following your surgery.  Expectations and breast size can be very difficult at times.  I like to take patients from what is possible to what implant fits my body and give me the greatest chance of having a satisfactory long term result.  As a plastic surgeon I can make your breasts as large as you would like but this may not be the right decision and every choice has consequences.  This being said, most plastic surgeons will bend over backwards to satisfy our patients.  Keep an open line of communication, discuss your level of dissatisfaction and most likely you will achieve your ultimate goal.  

Revision breast augmentation

+1

I suualy have patients wait at least 3-4 months for revision to allow things to settle and the breasts to heal properly. After that in most cases it is ok.

Breast Augmentation Revision Timing?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I was just so you wait an additional 3 months before making a decision about undergoing breast revisionary surgery.

You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage and recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too  small. This waiting time will allow you to (potentially) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.  

If at that point,  you're convinced that the breast implants are too small ( assuming the breast implant pockets are otherwise doing well), revisionary  surgery  is a relatively painless procedure. Again, clear communication with your plastic surgeon will be important to avoid further dissatisfaction.

Revise Breast Augmentation

+1

Our job as surgeons is not to tell you what to do but to advise you of appropriate options and let you make the choice. Since we are all artists, if you ask several of us how to get a job done you may get conflicting opinions. But  I hope yolu are hearing the advice of all the other doctors who have answered your question on this page. You are not going to get higher better looking breasts with implants more than 50% bigger than your current ones. And if you look carefully at your pre and post op photos you will noticed that your nipple positions are pretty much the same  after surgery as they were before. You are most likely never going to get high full round tops to the breasts after having babies unless you have basically no breast tissue and the final result of surgery is due to implants only. In many patients, you included, your natural breast tissue sits in front of the implants so your post op look will be very similar to youj pre surgery appearance, just fuller.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Early breast implant revision

+1

The risk is disappointment, and we suggest you take some time to let the skin relax and allow you to decide if the bigger option is indeed best for you. The number of appointments and discussions, and the number of surgeons seen suggests time and patience with your decision will be best. Revision after 13 weeks is OK if you are together with the decision.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

You do not need bigger implants

+1

It is not clear what was your expectation from the breast augmentation. The main expectation from breast implants are to make your breast bigger(not to lift them). Your before pictures show the nipple/areola complex too low,stretch marks on your breast skin and short nipple to crease distance. Your breasts need lift more than volume(volume caused sagging). The use of 600cc implants will cause more sagging,thinning out and bigger areola.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon