Large, Obvious Nostrils and a Crooked Nose After Septorhinoplasty (6 Weeks Post-op). What To Do? (photo)

Hi, I had surgery for my breathing (much better now) and a crooked nose. The plastic surgeon said the only way to straighten the external deviation would be to remove the bump (which I was hesitant to do. He also told me that my nostril openings were too slit-like (I never noticed) and that he would make them rounder. Now my nose is more crooked, too high, and the nostrils are big & show too much. I can feel that my left nasal bone does not meet the bridge. Can/will any of these issues be fixed?

Crooked Nose 6 Weeks after Septorhinoplasty

+1

If you ultimately have issues with your result following a septorhinoplasty, wait another 9-10 months before considering a revision.

+1

Thanks for posting photos. Still early in healing stage. But I see your deviation, most likely you will need revision surgery after 9 months, sorry. 

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

You should see your surgeon and ask him what he thinks since the surgery was performed by him and he knows what he did.

Round nostrils after rhinoplasty

+1

I see the issues that bother you after your rhinoplasty. If these concern you enough to go through another operation, then you should go ahead. The nasal deviation most likely can be improved ( the result may not be perfectly stright, but there should be an improvement) as well as the arching of the nostrils.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon