Saggy 34C - Lollipop Lift Possible?

I am 23 years old 5'5 125lbs. I am a saggy 34c as you can see. I want to achieve a larger youthful perky look. I would like a areola reduction along with implants and I know I will also need a lift. I am wondering if a lollipop technique would even be possible to achieve what I would like to do and would like to avoid the anchor. Is this possible?

Lollipop Breast Lift Possible For Saggy 34 C

+7

The Lollipop short scar Breast Lift is possible for you but be prepared for a small inverted T incision beneath the breast. Implants are also possible but you have a lot of breast tissue and may not need them. A two stage procedure may more accurately achieve your goals.

Lollipop lift

+3

I would advise a vertical lift which will leave no horizontal scar.  You should consider holding off on an implant.   lift should make you look a little bigger because your very large areola will be made smaller and that alone will make your breast look bigger.  Also, a well done vertical lift should give you a little boost in upper pole fullness.  An implant could alway be added later.  In my experience, women who saggy and are "on the fence" regarding going larger, are often thrilled with a vertical lift and are very glad not to have implants with their extra cost and ongoing maintainance. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Lollipop breast lift

+1

You appear to be a good candidate for the short scar breast lift, which is the procedure of choice, if possible, to reduce scarring. Unless you desire to increase breast size, you should simply have the lift without augmentation. I believe that this will satisfy your concerns nicely.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast augmentation and mastopexy

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on experience, I would suggest that your 1st concern should be obtaining the best results possible (scarring concerns should be secondary).  Most patients undergoing this procedure will accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met. 
In other words, if you select your surgeon based on  the offer of a “limited scar” procedure you may be disappointed with the results.

Also, be careful about communicating your goals with specific cup size references.  You may find this to be inaccurate and again a source of dissatisfaction postoperatively. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

The procedure that you are contemplating may be done in a single or 2 staged fashion.There are good plastic surgeons who will insist on doing the procedures separately and there are good plastic surgeons who can produce excellent outcomes in a single stage.

The combination breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery differs from breast augmentation surgery alone in that it carries increased risk compared to either breast augmentation or mastopexy surgery performed separately. Furthermore, the potential need for revisionary surgery is increase with breast augmentation / mastopexy surgery done at the same time.
I'sn my opinion, the decision  to do the operation in a single or two  staged fashion becomes a judgment call made by a surgeon after direct examination of the patient.  For me, if I see a patient who needs a great degree of lifting, who has lost a lot of skin elasticity, or  whose goal is a very large augmentation then I think it is best to do the procedures in 2 stages (in order to avoid serious complications). However, doing the procedure one stage does increase the risks of complications in general and the potential need for further surgery. This increased risk must be weighed against the practical benefits of a single stage procedure (which most patients would prefer).

Lollipop lift

+1

I think you are an excellent candidate for a vertical 'lollipop' breast lift with implants at a single stage that leaves no or minimal horizontal scar on the lower breast. I would advise you though be prepared to have some retained areola along the vertical scar, given the extremely large surface area your areola represents of your available breast skin.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Lollipop Breast Lft and Implants A Good Solution For Saggy Breasts

+1

There is no doubt that a breast lift with areolar reduction and an implant is exactly what you need. The lollipop technique will likely work for you although a small horizontal scar may be determined to be needed during the surgery. Your desire to avoid a long horizontal scar is understandable and largely avoidable. But give your plastic surgeon the leeway to add a small horizontal scar if it is found during surgery that it provides a better result and tucks up better any hanging lower pole breast skin.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Lift and augmentation

+1

You may very well be a good candidate for a lollipop lift and augmentation, but it really depends upon the exam and implant selection.

Your safest option is lift first and implant later

+1

I would recommend stage procedure. I would recommend  full breast lift first and implant later on. Most patients do not like that idea but it provides the safest option . The combined procedure has high risk of nipple necrosis and widening of the scar. The other option for my patients is mastopexy and fat grafting to the upper pole of the breast as a combined procedure if patient wants more upper pole fullness.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Drooping and sagging of

+1

It appears that you could achieve a lift and areolar reduction with a vertical technique. However, please be aware that any future pregnancies could result in recurrent sagging.

Lollipop lift and augmentation - possible!

+1

From your pictures, it looks like a lollipop lift with breast implants would give you just the look you are dreaming of!  This type of lift will reduce your areola (the dark part around your nipple) and move the nipple up higher to the middle of your breast.  An implant would add great cleavage and good roundness up top.  I think the combination would make you really happy.

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon