Large Tummy Tuck Covered by Insurance?

Hi I was wondering if your able to get me covered by the insurance for this very large problem tummy I've been living with for years causes me back pain, skin rashes and breathing problems thanks

Insurance does not pay for cosmetic tummy tuck

+1

With good documentation, insurance may sometimes cover a functional panniculectomy which is removal of the lower roll only. Insurance does not in my experience pay for cosmetic tummy tuck. To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Insurance for Tummy Tuck

+1

Most insurances that I am familiar with will cover removing the overhanging skin and fat in your condition to help prevent painful rashes and skin excoriation. That is a panniculectomy, not a tummy tuck. You are not a candidate for a tummy tuck at this point. This is a big and serious operation and should be done only by a qualified plastic surgeon, in a hospital with one or two nights stay afterward.

Tummy Tuck and Insurance Coverage?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Whether panniculectomy will be covered by your health insurance will depend on the specific health insurance involved. The best place to start is by visiting well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. If you are a good candidate for the procedure these surgeons can interact with your health insurance company to obtain “authorization”.

Panniculectomy involves excision of a very significant amount of excess skin and adipose tissue;  generally, it does not involve muscle plication etc.

Please make sure you are working with a  board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients like yourself.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_tummytuck.htm