If a Large Tip Does Not Go Down After 2 Rounds of Steroid Injections, Will It Ever Go Down? (Primary Rhino) (photo)

I am 11 weeks post op. The tip has not gone down at all. I have a bulbous tip, and it was not reduced. Should I get a revision with the same surgeon if It does not go down? Shouldn't the tip go down after two rounds of injections? at 6 weeks apart. thank you

Tip Appearance 11 weeks After Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question, Bethany. At 11 weeks following rhinoplasty, substantial swelling may still be present in the nasal tip causing the tip to appear larger than will be evident in your final result. It is premature to consider revision surgery at this time. Follow up with your surgeon and allow for any swelling to resolve with time. The final result may not be apparent for 1 year. Good luck.

Bulbous Tip 11 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Your picture is out of focus, but I don't think you have a bulbous tip. The swelling will continue to resolve for another 9 months. It's too early to worry about a revision.

Steroids can help and harm rhinoplasty

+1

Steroids should be approached with caution, and used rarely after rhinoplasty. They can speed up the resolution of scar, particularly in the area just above the tip, though most patients don't need them. Skin thinning and blood vessels (telangectasia) can appear. Your tip does not  appear bulbous in the photo, and you might be better off to just let all heal for one year.

peterejohnsonmd.com

If a Large Tip Does Not Go Down After 2 Rounds of Steroid Injections, Will It Ever Go Down?

+1

The photo does not show a bulbous tip, so perhaps the residual swelling has already disappeared?  There are downsides to repeatedly injected kenalog into the tip area that include indentations that may be permanent so unless there's really increased thickness in the tip supra-tip area, from residual swelling or increased scar formation, you may want to leave the tip alone IMHO.  Of course, you should always follow the instructions of your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year.

+1

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year. It is too soon to make any judgement about your nose. Follow your surgeon's advice since he knows what he did.