I Have a Large Tip and Hump on my Nose. I Am Age 16 and a Half is It Good for Me to Do Rhinoplasty?

I have a typical middle eastern nose. It is quiet large, ever since I was born it has been the main focus point of my face. I has a fat tip, a hump and a wide-ish frame near the end of my nose. Should i get one even though i am 16 and 1/2. .... If is get it, it will be over seas will the plane have any effect on the shape, if I leave the next month.

Teen Rhinpoplasty

+1

Yes you are a good age to have the surgery.  Most girls noses are done growing by 15 or 16 and even if there is a small amount of growth to go the rhinoplasty will not interfere with it. 

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1

Typically Rhinoplasty can be performed on 15 year old girls and 16-17 year old boys.  The nasal hump and tip can be reduced and our patients are allowed to fly home (anywhere in the world) after 1 week when the cast is removed.  Flying home, at 1 month, post Rhinoplasty would be even easier.   

Rhinoplasty and age

+1

If you are of adult height and are no longer growing, it is probably OK. Usually for girls about 15 or 16 and boys 17 or 18.

Teen Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

At the age of 16, usually females would have established the nasal growth for life so you should be fine with a Rhinoplasty performed by a surgeon of extensive experience in the field.

Although infections after Rhinoplasty are not that common, I recommend a 2 weeks period to be taken before any airplane trip. After all, post-op examinations are very important.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty at Age 16

+1

As a general rule, girls at age 16 and boys at age 17 have finished enough of their growth so that rhinoplasty surgery can be done safely without having to worry about continued growth effecting the overall result. A plane trip is safe 7-10 days after the rhinoplasty and will not effect the shape of your nose. Best of luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at 16.5 Years Old

+1

A female like you is old enough at 16.5 years to have a rhinoplasty because most women have completed puberty at that age. Make sure you select a surgeon experienced in Middle Eastern noses; they are different and need special considerations.

Rhinoplasty for the middle eastern nose.

+1

It sounds like this is the typical nose I do for Middle Eastern patients.  Removal of the hump narrowing the bridge and tip refinement, etc.  Flying is not a problem after. You can visit the website to see the type of natural noses I do. 

Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty

+1

Anytime after the age of 16 is good to do a rhinoplasty in males.  We have a large experience with noses like yours.  Typically we need to remove the bump, narrow the nasal bridge, refine the nasal tip and give support to the tip with cartilage grafts.  We have many patients from overseas and we can get you flying soon after your surgery without any problems from the flight.

Good luck!

David Alessi, MD