Will Large Silicone Replacement and Peri Areolar Lift Perk My Breasts?

I have small saline under the muscle implants. Had one child and they sag now and my nipple is completely flat. I want areolar lift and areolar reduction with larger silicone implants. Would this give me cone shaped breasts with a higher nipple?

Breast lifts and breast shape

+2

If you want CONE SHAPED breasts, you will need a FULL LIFT with at least a vertical scar and probably some crease component too.  The vertical scar is what pulls the tissues together side to side and gives the breast a more conical shape.  Big implants and a periareolar lift will leave you flat in the front and baggy in the lower pole, a much poorer shape but one with less scar.

Implant Replacement with Lift

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.  I would most definitely recommend a lift.  Depending on the size of implant you choose, you may require a lollipop or circumvertical lift to achieve optimal shape and symmetry.   Here are my criteria:

Candidates for a Breast Lift (Primary Breast Shape Concern):
1.  Patient is happy with breast size in a bra, but desires improvement in shape.
2.  Nipple position sits at or below the level of the breast crease (inframammary fold)
3.  Significant amount of loose skin and breast tissue, which hangs over the crease leading to a hollow appearance in the upper pole of the breast.

Candidates for Breast Augmentation (Primary Breast Size Concern):
1.  Patient is happy with nipple position and amount of skin in relation to crease.
2.  Desires increase in volume of breast to increase bra cup size and provide more cleavage and fullness to upper and lower pole of breast.

In many cases, patients have concerns of both size and shape, therefore requiring a breast augmentation with a breast lift to achieve desired results.  I hope this helps.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast projection

+1

In order to obtain maximal projection a vertical scar  scar is preferable

However, if you ar totally against a vertical scar ,you coud have a subareolar lift (scar around the areolar),which will make the areola smaller combined with placement of a high profile gel implant .For further elevation and projection an internal sling (bra)  dermal mesh,would be an option

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift/implant options

+1

You may very well be a good candidate for a periareola lift and implants, but from the one photos it is hard to say.

Options for going from flat to perky breasts

+1

In my opinion,  you will require a vertical masopexy in combination with a high profile implant in order to achieve a more coned perky breast with smaller areolae.

Type of Breast Lift Needed

+1

You will probably not do well with just a circumareolar lift.  You have too much skin and will likely need a vertical +/- horizontal incision in the crease.  You need to be examined and the quality of your skin needs to be assessed.  Only then can a surgeon tell what type of lift you will need.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Lollipop scar breast lift best for conical shape.

+1

Hi.

1) Your breasts are flat, and a circumareolar lift will actually make them flatter, which is the opposite of what you want.

2) Women accept lollipop scars just fine, because they love their new shape.

3) Don't get very large implants. They stretch your tissues, and age very badly.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Lift and Silicone Implants

+1
Your picture is helpful. The answer to your question depending on what breast shape you are willing to accept with the operation you have suggested. The only way to get a real sense of what is possible would be to have a physical exam so that the surgeon can demonstrate what effect the operation may have using your breast as an example. Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast lift and breast implants

+1

A lift will raise the nipple level and allow breast implants to fill the upper half of the breasts. Which lift incision would be best in your case cannot be discerned from these photos. You lifted your arms to take the photos which raised the breasts a bit and I do not know what the important breast dimensions (notch to nipple distance etc.) are. Reducing areolar size can be challenging though. If you just cut out excess areola skin and place larger implants the implants tend to stretch out the areola once more and/or the incision scar itself. That will make you unhappy once more. Some surgeons place a permanent suture deep in the skin around the areola to stop it from stretching. That frequently makes the areola look swollen for a number of months and if the suture loosens or breaks it will stretch anyways.

Aaron Stone, MD

Periareolar lifts can be very effective

+1

A Periareolar lift would definitely work well for you along with a larger implant. However, it probably won't give you the "cone" shaped breasts your looking for. I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but I do think that the Periareolar lift would work well.

Mark Broudo, MD