Large Scab Covering Nipple Still After 3 Weeks of Breast Reduction, How Can I Help It Fall Faster?

I had an extensive breast reconstruction and implant surgery 3 weeks ago, after the first week of surgery my nipples scabbed and doctor explained it was because of poor circulation due to the length of the pedicle, I'm still in treatment and the right nipple is on track, but my left nipple is running behind, i would say 50% of nipple/areola is covered in scab, hurts and bleeds which doc says are good signs, but is there anything i can do tohelp expedite the process??

Eschars/Scabs after Breast Reconstruction?

+1

Although frustrating, the types of wound healing problems/eschars that you describe require time and patience on your part. In my practice, I leave the eschar or scab alone as I believe it behaves as a "biological Band-Aids”  for the underlying tissues.

Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to advise you accurately.

Best wishes; hopefully, you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedures performed.

Nipple eschar

+1

Be patient. The eschar has to separate, and I would follow your surgeon's advise with whatever wound care he/she recommends. Good luck.

Be a patient Patient

+1
At this stage you need to allow your body to heal.  All you can do is maximize your body's healing potential by ensuring you eat a healthy diet (protein, vitamins etc) and that you don't do anything that will slow healing (smoking, excesive physical activity that disturbs the healing wound)
Follow your plastic surgeon's wound care treatment.  It may take while but it will eventually heal.

Martin Jugenburg, MD