Large Pores After Fraxel?

6 weeks after my last of 4 treatments, my face looks terrible. I am breaking out with deep acne and have larger more congested ores on my nose and cheeks. Can I do anything to help this? I was using retin a per my doctor but seemed to make it worse. I have very light skin and blond hair with acne and large pores before this... Any suggestions?

Acne flare after Fraxel

+2

Acne does flare in about 20-30 % of acne - prone patients treated with Fraxel lasers. I do agree with your doctor that RetinA will be beneficial, but it can cause some irritation before it improves. It usually takes 3 months or so to make a difference. In addtion to Retin A (cut back to every other night for a while), an oral antibiotic like minocycline or doxycycline might help as well. Visiting your treating dermatologist or seeking a second opinion may also provide you with helpful information.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Large Pores After Fraxel?

+1

Thank you for your question. Often times when strong therapy is instituted, the conditions get worse as bacteria and oil and debris are brought from the depths of the glands. Things will be worse and eventually improve and have more lasting improvement. See a Board Certified Dermatologist or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for management of this. Some antibiotic may be needed topically and Benzyl Peroxide. I hope this helps!

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Best Treatment for Large Pores After Fraxel Treatment

+1

Hi Nic,

It is difficult to advise you without examination or photos, or the settings of the Fraxel laser that you were treated.  We have found that many of our patients active acne problems have quieted down considerably after their series of Fraxel restore treatments.

You should speak with your treating physician about possible Fraxel repair treatment.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD