I Have Large Pore Scars on my Nose That I Had a Doctor Do a "Test Spot" with a Laser. He

I have large pore scars on my nose. Some look like 2 or 3 pores joined together to make 1 huge pore. About 8-10 that look like ice pick scars and are very noticeable. I had a doctor do a "test spot " on the side of my nose. 10 years ago, and it made them much worse. Now I have 3 crater size holes on the right side of my nose. I hate to look at myself and I am wondering if anything can be done to repair that damage as well as the remaining 7 other ice pick / pore scars.

Ice pick scars are worse on the nose after test spot treatment

+1

I assume this is with a laser. It depends on how this was done. I think that the TCA CROSS is one method of improving deep acne scars that are ice pick in nature. A multilayered approach would be what I would recommend. I think this approach will change the way we do acne scarring and will transform this part of the industry.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatments for Acne Scars on the Nose?

+1

Hi Littleton.  You may want to consider a couple different options.  

Although the nose is not the best place to resurface acne scars (the healing response is not as good as the cheeks),  you do have opportunities for improvement.  Based on what you have described, we would probably suggest you consider several alternatives below.  Go to multiple consultations regarding different procedures to understand your options.

• Traditional CO2 or Erbium Laser Resurfacing
  • Fractional CO2 or Erbium Laser Resurfacing
  • Punch Excision (for crater like or very large pore type scars).

Harold J. Kaplan, MD