I Have a Large Nose in Proportion to my Face. Suggestions?

I am a 24 year old female.I have a large and broad nose with hump.Also a broad n bulbous tip.My nose is prominently large in proportion to my face.I am very conscious of my looks.I also find that my profile is spoiled because of my nose. Have a slightly deviated nasal septum.Can i expect improvements after surgery?Can it look well structured, not over prominent, and yet very natural?Always wondered since childhood if my nose correction can improve the way i look?Very apprehensive.Please guide me

Improving large nose

+2

Based on the photos you provided you do appear to be a candidate for a rhinoplasty. I do think that improvements can be made to the areas that you mentioned. You septum can also be straightened if you are having nasal congestion symptoms.

Your profile can be straightened and your tip can be refined. The boxiness of your tip can be improved by reorienting your tip cartilages to reduce the fullness of your tip and also to create a more traingular appearance (as seen from your base view).

Visit with a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon who has before and after photos of patients with noses similar to yours that you like. I find that digital morphing during the consultation process is very helpful in coming up with an optimal plan.

You are an ideal candidate for Septorhinoplasty surgery

+2
Yes you would be an excellent candidate for septorhinoplasty. The deviated septum would be addressed for functional purposes to correct the septum. The rhinoplasty would be a perfect surgery to help with the facial proportions and make your face more aesthetically balanced. I use an imaging computer during the consulting phase and am able to show the patient the proposed surgical result prior to surgery. This is a very helpful tool especially in a patient like you so that you could see the possibilities of surgical correction. When doing a rhinoplasty especially on a patient like your self you want to keep some ethnicity in the nose providing you a natural appearance that is aesthetically pleasing and does not look done. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Facial harmony is a balance of proportions

+2

Thank you for providing photos! I agree with your assessment of your nose. You can absolutely improve the structure of your nose and still have a beautiful and natural looking result. Your radix is somewhat low, making the hump appear more prominent. The base of your nose is not wide, but the structure of your upper and lower cartilage makes your nose appear wide and large in relation to your face. The boxy tip and bulbous appearance can definitely be corrected to give a softer, more refined, and beautiful nose that is more proportional with your face. The dorsal hump and deviated septum can be fixed at the same time. I recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon or ENT surgeon that is experienced in rhinoplasty surgery, and discussing your goals. Also, let your surgeon know if you are having any breathing difficulties. I think you are a great candidate and could have a truly beautiful result. Good luck!

Anita Patel, MD