Uneven Female Nose with Bulbous Tip - What Improvements Can I Expect from Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I have an uneven, large nose with a bulbous tip. Can I get decent results from Rhinoplasty? I have a big nose and I've wanted plastic surgery ever since important people in my life have made cruel comments about my nose when I was little.

The tip of my nose is bulbous and poorly-defined. I want a natural-looking nose with a refined tip. Unfortunately, this form will only allow me to upload one photo...so I had to use my horrible Photoshop skills to put together a montage. I hope it's not too hideous!

Goals of Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Based on your pictures, I agree with the critique of your nose. You have obviously given this possible surgery careful consideration. Your expectations seem reasonable. The next step is have a consultation to carefully evaluate your nasal anatomy and determine exactly what can be done.   

Bulbous tip can be refined.

+1

The bulbousness of the tip can be refined by removal of cartilage in the tip and by sewing the films of the tips together to create a more refined look. It is very rare that only a tip plasty is performed. Usually the entire nose must be addressed to make sure the new tip now balances with the remainder of the nose.

You can have Rhinoplasty without looking abnormal

+1

The pictures demonstrate the major issues that you would like corrected. The tip can be make smaller and more defined. The overall size of the nose can be reduced and you may need wedges removed from the base. To obtain the results you want see an experienced rhinoplasty specialist who has your same aesthetic goals.

Hard to tell

+1

Without the benefit of more, larger photos, I would suggest an open tip rhinoplasty to make the tip smaller, tighter and less projecting. I would also defat the tip, It seems that you have thick skin that may benefit from this technique. Good luck!