Really Large Mons Pubis - Will Lipo Be Enough?

I have a large fat pad over my pubis. The excess fat in my pubic area would fill out one of the cups in my D-Cup bra. I'm 6' tall and 200lbs (25lbs overweight.) The fat in my crotch is really out of proportion to the rest of me. I'd like to have surgery to gain a normal appearance with clothes on - I'm not as concerned with what I'll look like naked. Would lipo alone give a good result? I don't want a tummy tuck - I want a mons reduction - no one seems know what that is in my city.

Mons pubis reduction and/or lifting

+1

Thank you for asking about your mons pubis.  This is one of those topics that does not get much attention.  I occasionally do an isolated mons reduction/lift in women who do not have abdominal "issues".  More frequently, however, I lift the mons pubis in conjunction with a tummy tuck. 

Whether or not liposuction alone would work for you depends on how bulky your mons is and how good your skin tone is.  If a lift is needed, the scar is just above the pubic hair line and is easily concealed with swimwear and undies. 

Mons pubis surgery

+1

Mmons pubis surgery can take the form of liposuction alone or in combination with excision techniques. It really depends upon how it looks. One patient described her deformity to me once as a "Ken Doll" look.

Mons pubis liposuctioning makes a big difference in most patients.

+1

Liposuction under local anesthesia does great for the mons pubis and runs roughly $2500 +750 op room fee.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction for Excess Fat in the Mons Pubis

+1

The mons is an area that not uncommonly carries excess fat.  It responds well to liposuction.  If the skin is stretched out, then a skin excision at the top of the pubic hair region can provide a lift.  Both procedures are predictable and safe.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Mons reduction

+1

While it is not possible to give you an accurate answer without at least a photo, it is usually the case that lipo (with ultrasound) can markedly reduce the mons area with only a small scar.  Final result will not be apparent for 6 months.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for mons reduction

+1

Liposuction for mons reduction can be very effective, and often we use ultrasound in this area. The mons when associated with excessive weight and weight loss actually can form a pannus or hanging skin, and reduction can support and reduce the excess tissue. The scar is low above the pubis much like a tummy tuck so it might not be for you.

Large Mons Pubis

+1

Without seeing pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, in most cases, liposuction of the mons pubis is very effective.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD