Large Lump with Ingrown Hair After Newfill

I had an xo Peel performed in the south of France to remove acne scars. The doctor also gave me Sculptra (NewFill) in each cheek. Four years, later one side of my face has a massive lump that has been only visible for the past 12 months. It flares up and I get ingrown hair on it. It has made me more depressed than my scars did. How can I get rid of this?

Lump in jaw unrelated to Sculptra?

+1
Dear Pelmichael:

Yours was an usual problem seemingly unrelated to the Sculptra.  Can you give us some follow-up? Swellings in the jaw can be caused by many problems more likely than remote Sculptra injection, such as abscesses, sialoceles, and parotid gland tumors and cysts. What was your outcome?

F/up with your physician

+1

I would highly encourage you to see the physician who originally treated you to discuss this issue. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Check with original doctor

+1

I would have the original doctor take a look to see what the issue is. Four years after Sculptra or Newfill shouldnt cause granuloma formation.

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

Likely not related to either the Sculptra or the XO

+1

Michael,

Your story is an interesting one and everything might well have been related if it wasn't four years since your treatments. The mass in your cheek needs to be checked out by a physician. It could be a tumor developing or a blockage in your salivary gland. The Sculptra that was injected is long gone. Even if it was a chronic granuloma caused by the Sculptra it would not have developed 3 years after treatment. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD