What is the very large long lump on my neck? (Photo)
Doctor Answers (9)
Strange lumps can appear after face lift surgery
I am so sorry this has happened to you.
These areas of raised, swollen skin are uncommon but can occur. Causes include -
- reaction to a drain
- pull of the skin into a fold when tightening the neck
- seroma along a drain site
- swelling at the lowest area of surgery in thick skin.
- Whatever the cause, they will usually subside a lot in the first six weeks.
- Discuss with your surgeon to see what you can try to help the swelling subside.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
Contour irregularity at the junction of the dissection after facelift.
Lump on neck after facelift may be drain tract
Please ask your surgeon if this is a possibility.
If this is a drain tract then massage and warm soaks should resolve it in a matter of weeks
You might also like...
Neck swelling after facelift