Could a Large Lipoma Be Removed From Over My Spine?

Could a Large Lipoma Be Removed That is Lying over the Top of my Spine? I am worried that it might be surrounding the nerves or too near the nerves of my spine for removal....most doctors do not want to do anything about it. I have now begun to have alot of back and hip pain since this lipoma is quite large and makes my spine look like it is deformed.

Lipoma of the back

+1

Most lipomas are in the subcutaneous space. very few are intramuscular and very few are deeper. If there is any question as to the level of the lipoma a CT Scan or MRI will define the position and if it is the cause of your pain.

If it really is impenging on the nerve then you need a full work up to make sure it is a lipoma, and may be a biobsy before embaking on excision.