Large D Implants?

Im 5'6 116 lb, not small but less than avg frame. I wanting to get implants and be in the larger d range, mod plus profile. Will these look too fake?

D size implants

+1

Here are some things to consider before getting an exam and evaluation by an experienced plastic surgeon.

Implants do not come in cup sizes. There are no D cup implants. If you go to a bra store and look at C cup bras you will see that a C cup is different for a 32 in. chest compared to a 34 in. chest compared to a 36 in. chest etc. Even cc's of an implant can be variable in their effect. A 400 cc implant might fit and look normal in one woman but would look overdone or distorted on another woman. Like noses, a patient cannot choose someone else's nose and have the surgeon achieve it. It is important to evaluate what you are starting from, what results are realistic, and think of it as your breast looking 1-2 cup sizes larger.

The maximum size increase most breasts will allow for in a properly fitted implant that looks natural, is about 2 cup sizes from what you started from. Any more than that risks stretching, distortion, unnaturalness, and problems requiring reoperation.

Augmented breasts can look natural but too big which might be considered "fake". The idea is to have the breast look natural or not augmented within the 1-2 cup size increase that implants can accomplish generally, and for the patient to feel comfortable that that size works for their proportions and goals. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Desiring a D cup

+1

This can certainly be achieved with implants but you should see a local plastic surgeon who can help guide you through the decision process.  There are some doctors who like to pick for you and I prefer to help you make the choice yourself.  You have to decide whether that cup size can be accommodated by your body and only you can make that decision.  Your doctor can give their opinion as to whether the size you want will make you look 'fake'.

Curtis Wong, MD

Selecting the correct implant size for a breast augmentation - I want to be a D cup

+1

For every 200 cc of implant volume you should go up about 1 cup size.  Use this as a beginning reference to selecting the right implant range for your body type.  Too large of an implant will look unnatural on a slender woman.  

Wanting "D" Cup after Breast Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question, but despite your specific description of your goals, online consultants will not be able to provide you with accurate advice. Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to do so after careful communication between the two of you.

This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D cup” or "too fake looking" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Large D implants

+1

Without an exam,  it is difficult to say what would be best for you without an exam.  It is impossible to tell you without it.