Is a Large Hourglass Figure Possible?

I was an active person till an injury 2 years ago which impacted my mobility. Exercise is not an option. I don't have bad eating habits, but don't diet. My decrease in mobility resulted in 40 lbs of weight gain. After the initial spike, my weight remained stable for a year now (6'0 tall and 216 lbs). My waist and abdomen are round/jiggly. I want curves. Not to be thinner, per se, just have a larger version of an hourglass. TT-recovery too rough. Can lipo help? Will I regain the weight?

Hourglass figure with large volume liposuction in Beverly Hills

+1

Large volume liposuction of the abdomen, flanks, and the lower back can signifcantly alter ones torso in order to creat a curvaceous or hourglass figure. most, large size women prefer to have shape and to just be small.

Web reference: http://www.extremeliposuction.com

Hourglass figure after abdominoplasty with mesh reinforcement

+1

Abdominal contour is determined by 2 factors - one is the abdominal wall fat and two - is the tone of your underlying fascia.  If you are unable to exercise, your abdominal wall is getting weaker and as you gain weight it stretches more.  An abdominoplasty would be the most effective technique for correcting this.  Abdominoplasty with mesh reinforcement has been shown to produce weight loss and maintain weight loss over time.  People lose weight by increasing abdominal tone.  Liposuction only removes the external fat and can create more of an hourglass figure but will do nothing to correct abdominal tone.  If you  gain weight after liposuction, it would be distributed throughout your body but less in your abdomen.  I strongly recommend you undergo abdominoplasty with mesh reinforcement to gain the figure you desire.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/profiles/weight-loss-surgery-as-systems-engineering

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring

+1

You are very tall and although 206 may not be particularly heavy for  your height, it would really take an in office exam to figure out if there are good options for you.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.