What Can I Do About a Large Hard Bump(lump) on my Eyelid?

I had a bad cut on the eye some 20 years ago(had stitches),there is now a hard lump on the eyelid about the size of a marble.At first the lump was very small but over the years I gained weight and the lump got bigger as well.

What Can I Do About a Large Hard Bump on my Eyelid?

+1

What Can I Do About a Large Hard Bump on my Eyelid? It is difficult to tell you what this is based on the single photo you've provided. However, it is bothering you and it looks to be impairing your vision based on its size. Please seek consultation with a surgeon experienced in eyelid surgery. Along with the lump itself you will need some of the excess skin removed as this mass has probably stretched/ expanded the eyelid skin.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Palm Beach Eyelid

+1
I strongly recommend that you consult with an ophthalmologist, preferably one who is well trained and experienced in oculoplastic surgery.

Anita Mandal, MD
Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Please see an oculoplastic surgeon.

+1

Dear Huthut

This lesion should be removed.  It is obviously not doing anything to help you.  I think that many people would have long ago sought medical care for this.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory of highly qualified oculoplastic surgeons at their website (asoprs.org).  This will help you find a well qualified surgeon in your area to assist you with this issue.  You will be glad you took care of this.