Large Dark/almost Black Area After Breast Reduction?

I had BR on 7/1/11. I am a little over two weeks post-op. I went from extremely large breasts to a large C/small D cup. I had some blistering under the nipple that has peeled. It is a pretty large area that goes down the length of the vertical incision about 1 inch wide and spread to the horizontal incision that is about 3 inches wide. There are no knots or lumps or bulging. Could this be pooled blood? It is a dark purple almost black color. I can't upload pics from my phone. Can I email

Breast Reduction Complication?

+1

Based on your description, you may be experiencing bruising or blistering along the incision line after the breast reduction surgery. These tend to be self-limiting “problems” and will dissipate over the next few weeks.

Hopefully you're not experiencing problems with blood flow to the issues in this area.  This may result in tissue necrosis and/or poor wound healing.

As always, it is best for you to be evaluated in person by your plastic surgeon for precise diagnosis and advice.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Skin discoloration after breast reduction

+1

Skin discoloration around the incisions after breast reduction may be due to several conditions including bruising, infection, and poor blood supply. You should contact your plastic surgeon and be evaluated in person for appropriate treatment.

Possible area of marginal viability of breast following a breast reduction

+1

Without photos, an exact answer for you can't be precisely provided. You may be experiencing an area of marginal viability of the tissue (questionable survival of that particular area of skin) and/or bruising that can be related to an underlying hematoma (accumulation of blood). Time can be of the essence in preserving this tissue if its viability is in jeopardy.

You should contact your surgeon immediately and explain the situation. He/she can then make recommendations accordingly.

Web reference: http://www.arizonabreast.com

Breast Reduction discoloration

+1

Since you are two weeks post op, the most likely cause of purple discoloration is bruising. If that is indeed the case, it should resolve within another four to eight weeks.

Mississauga Plastic Surgeon

Dark area after breast reduction

+1

my concern is that there is a problem with the flaps. hard to tell without a photo. call your surgeon for eval. some treatment may be required. Dr. Rafael Cabrera.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Black colour along an incision

+1
What you are describing sounds like a dark bruise (blood seeped into the tissues).  You should be examined by your plastic surgeon to ensure that this area is healing well and that it will not open up.
Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD

Web reference: http://torontosurgery.ca/Plastica/Dr-Martin-Jugenburg.html

Blistering after breast reduction

+1

It sounds like you have had some blistering along the vertical incision after a breast reduction.  This is not uncommon.  However, you should bring it to the attention of your Plastic Surgeon soon.  He or she will want to know so that you can start on the appropriate topical care (cream etc) if needed.  You will have the best outcome if this is addressed in a timely fashion.