What Implant Size To Go From A/B Cup To Large C/Small D With Breast Implants?

I have a very narrow chest & large hips. I’m 30 years old, 5’7” & 135lbs. My chest is 29” & Hips 40”. Breasts are 13cm. I wear a 32A/B bra & want to be a large C or small D. I want to look youthful & natural. Originally we were going to do 375cc mod+ silicone implants under muscle, which I really liked that sizer. But now she’s said either 350cc Mod+ or 375cc HP. I don’t want to be a DD, but I also don’t want to look the same as I do now. What size to I need to reach my goal? Thanks

Toronto BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Breast Size after Augmentation

+1

There is no established size for a C cup or a D cup. Different bra companies have the same volume fitting into different cups. Also the volume used in any patient produces a final volume based on not only the implant but the complete anatomy of the patient.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurg.org

Breast Implant Sizing?

+1

In order to give you accurate advice, much more information is needed.  Most importantly, physical examination will determine your current situation;  a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals will also be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "large C or small D" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
Although potentially helpful, I do not think that the use of pre-operative sizers and/or “rice test”  is a precise enough way to communicate goals.  As you can imagine, a breast implant size or placed on the chest wall will not necessarily create the same look as the same size placed on the rib cage ( below the pectoralis muscle).
Again, clear communication with your plastic surgeon will be critical in the process of achieving your goals.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Choosing implants

+1

In order for me to anser this question correctly for you, would require an exam to evaluate your anatomy and review your desires. I would focus on a volume rather than a cup size because bra manufacturers are all different.