Unhealed Burn After Fraxel Repair

Eight days after my Fraxel Repair procedure, my face has been healing beautifully, except for a 3x3 inch burn on my right jaw. Is this normal? My doctor refuses to advise on the result, saying she would take care of the problem if it scarred.

Fraxel Repair burn needs to be addressed

+5

Hi Christy--

Although the photo is blurry, you appear to have an area of delayed healing, which could be a sign of an infection. I would recommend that you see a dermatologist that specializes in laser treatments so that this is properly addressed.

It would be prudent to have cultures done and possibly start taking antibiotics while awaiting the results of the cultures. There are certain wound care regimens that would also help the healing process, but these are best determined by the physician that you decide to see.

The sooner you seek help, the better off the final outcome will be. Don't wait.

Take care,

Dr. Groff

San Diego Dermatologist